Terms & Conditions - Ticket Policies
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Oxford Performing Arts Center online ticketing system.
- PATRON AGE: Every patron must have a valid ticket. This includes ALL AGES (toddlers, and infants included). We recommend against bringing children ages five and under to events unless that event is specifically produced for children. Children who are unable to sit quietly through a performance must remain outside the theatre so as not disturb other patrons. The House Manager has been instructed to ask disruptive patrons of any age to leave the theatre.
- REFUND POLICY: There are NO REFUNDS on any ticket except as required by law. If an event is cancelled due to severe weather, all previously purchased tickets shall be honored on the rescheduled date. Patrons unable to attend the rescheduled performance may request a cancellation refund. Ticket users are solely responsible for any risks related to traveling to the Oxford Performing Arts Center during severe weather. You may donate your tickets back to the venue for OPAC presented events. Learn more here.
- EXCHANGE POLICY: There are NO adjustments on prior ticket purchases other than upgrades when available. Tickets may be exchanged for a different performance of the same production for a $1.00 per-ticket service fee if comparable seats are available. Downgrades are not available.
- Admittance to customers bearing tickets purchased online at a discount price (such as student, senior, or other category) will only be upon production to box office staff of a relevant ID at the door. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged full price for their ticket. Coupons or discounts must be presented at the box office at the time of purchase and may not be applied to completed orders.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until there is an appropriate pause in the performance, if at all, and admission is at the discretion of the box office staff.
- Tickets will only be issued upon full payment. The Oxford Performing Arts Center does not accept reservations with the exception of school field-trip groups.
- The Oxford Performing Arts Center is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Treat your ticket as you would cash.
- Patrons with disabilities requiring special accommodations must notify the box office at the time of ticket purchase.
- Each ticket printed features a secure barcode that permits one admission per ticket. Tickets shall not be duplicated, copied, modified, or re-printed under any circumstance.
- Subject to availability, tickets will be available for purchase at the box office one hour prior to each performance.
- The Oxford Performing Arts Center Box Office adds a Facility Renewal Fee to the price of all tickets to fund facility maintenance and enhancements. Ticket prices however, are set solely by the presenting organization and not by the Oxford Performing Arts Center.
- All tickets issued may only be used by the person who originally placed the order. The name on the ticket must match the name of the original buyer. Ticket holders may be required to produce a government-issued photo ID matching the name on their tickets. Should a ticket holder be unable to produce a matching photo ID, they may not be provided entry. The venue reserves the right to change the ticket delivery method to Will Call at any time. Will Call tickets may only be collected with production of a photo ID matching the original ticket buyer's information.
- The Oxford Performing Arts Center, the City of Oxford, its directors, employees, and agents assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, or system failure and reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and to vary the program should the need arise.