The Oxford Performing Arts Center opened as the region's primary performance venue in 2013 following the restoration and expansion of a historic building in downtown Oxford, Alabama.
The Oxford Performing Arts Center:
- Serves as a regional model for a sustainable arts center—with its focus on performance, education and community programs.
- Presents more than 130 performances year-round, at affordable prices, delivering outstanding local, national and international talent.
- Enriches public education by bringing more than 14,000 school children to the theater annually to see free performances of music, theatre, and dance.
- Subsidizes local arts organizations, including the Oxford Arts Council and the Oxford Community Chorus.
- Offers its facilities to the Oxford City School System for free, or at a nominal cost, providing more than $30,000 in free rental services to local schools.
- Delivers best-in-class technical support capable of serving touring Broadway shows to nationally acclaimed musicians.